This project is located in 55# block square of Qiantan International Business District, east of Gaoqing West Road, Qingxue Road, west by Qiuqiu Road, south by Chunqi Road and north by Cuixi Road. The project is located in the central area of Shanghai and where has fully equipped facilities. The site is close to Jiyang Road and Zhonghuan Road running through Pudong to Puxi. The transportation is convenient and the surrounding education and living facilities are complete. The Post Expo Park and the Oriental Sports Center make a high reputation of the area. Qiantan International Business District is important in the development of the entire Shanghai.
There are three main concepts in Design:
1. Open and interactive children’s “playground”
The concept means change the traditional education system and making full use of mobilizing educational resources inside and outside the classroom in an innovative, inclusive and flexible way so that teachers and students can learn and improve each other in the studying process. Therefore, in architectural design, we emphasize the openness and interactivity of space. we provide spatial flexibility as much as possible while the design is satisfied for the basic requirements, for the diverse teaching modes, so that students can learn in a diverse environment.
2. Green ecological city garden
Integrate the concept of green ecology into every aspect of design. Promote the use of building functional requirements in the simplest and most natural way, moderately introduce new energy-saving technologies, create a pleasant interior environment, and effectively reduce the daily maintenance costs of buildings, and strive to create education, management, and environmental education. The green environment atmosphere, and strive to build an ecological moral education pattern of green school, green family and green society.
3 . Cultural development core of community development
The settlement of Shanghai Qiantan 55-02# block kindergarten will effectively promote the overall development of the community. Therefore, the architectural design of the beach 55#-2 plot must be consistent with its development orientation, and must have the ability to enhance the further quality of urban space in terms of city special ability.
1. The teaching part is a “8” shaped group, the south side is the primary classrooms, and the standard group in the middle accommodates are for special teaching.The room and related rooms and office buildings, the north side is the middle school of general classroom room, the west side of rectangular box is for reading, connecting the primary and secondary schools, relatively improving the efficiency of the teaching area and becomes the active space. The four functional blocks are interconnected by connecting and overlapping with each volumes of blocks of architecture, and the high-pitched layout forms a rhythmic architectural skyline.
2. The overall color tone is unified and harmonious, the use of lively and bright colors as a decoration enriches the architecutre language and enhances the recognizability of the specific functional space: the vertical façade is a vertical louver form and the color is rich and varied. It conforms to the characteristics of primary and secondary school buildings and can have a more positive impact on children. As an outdoor staircase for vertical traffic, it adopts a uniform exterior color, and its interior color follows the main building. The facades of the library, lecture hall, office, living and sports activities are covered with metal sunshade louvers. The louvers are gray on one side and the other side is colored. The slab platform reduces the volume of the block and forms a transparent facade.
3. Simple and modern school facade is this building’s elevation method. The teaching part adopts the vertical color venetian facade treatment method to form a horizontal division between the layers to make the building hierarchy clear, and each functional space is based on different usage requirements. The window treatment is carried out, and the interior courtyard has a large floor-to-ceiling window, which fully establishes the space communication both inside and outside the courtyard. The sports activity room adopts the glass louver for the ventilation and lighting needs.
4. The high-level reading room in the lower reading room handles the personalized shape of the skylight, making the architectural form more vivid and rendering the special atmosphere of the interior space.
1. There are basements under the classroom and culture and sports’ buildings, which is a parking garage.
2. The “teaching building” in this case is “8” shaped, and the bottom part is overhead. There are 5 layers above the building, and mainly includes 45 ordinary classrooms. They are arranged in the north-south orientation of the “8” shape. The dedicated classrooms mainly include art, calligraphy, history, computer and hand working classrooms. They are respectively arranged on the middle rectangle of the “8″ shape, and the colored railings and louvers set up in the north and south face the sunlight. On the west side of the teaching area, there is an outdoor grandstand on the second floor, the north side is the middle school, the south side is the elementary school, and the middle is the comprehensive department, which accommodates professional classrooms (including science and technology innovation room, information technology, science laboratory, hand working room, etc.). The special classroom part includes music-specific classrooms, art- specific classrooms, dance-specific classrooms, etc., and on the top floor of the comprehensive department is the office area.
3. Public teaching rooms (multi-function halls, joint classrooms, book reading rooms, young pioneers’ activities rooms, etc.) are scattered and flexibly arranged on the side of the playground. The lecture hall is located on the fourth and fifth floors of the cultural and sports buildings, where people can walk through. The platform connecting the teaching area and the cultural and sports building directly enters the multi-functional lecture hall, which can effectively alleviate a large number of people during the period when the activities occur frequently. The fourth floor on the west side of the middle school is the electronic reading room, the fifth floor is the classroom reading room, and the first floor is the student reading room; the third floor of the primary school is the science and technology activities and broadcasting room, and the fourth floor of the west side of the elementary school is the student reading room. Below the stands on the west side of the teaching building are office annexes (broadcast community offices, moral education exhibition rooms, health care rooms, network control rooms, psychological counseling rooms, physical testing rooms, general affairs warehouses, maintenance management rooms, and communication rooms). The office building mainly includes 18 administrative offices such as the president’s reception room, the principal’s office, the school office, the administrative office, and the conference reception room. The “office building” and the “teaching building” are connected to each other through a two-story outdoor corridor and a three-story outdoor corridor. The broadcasting community offices in some office buildings are arranged under the viewing platform of the teaching building facing the west side playground. Teachers’ office rooms of others are scattered in various teaching groups to facilitate the effective connection between the offices and teaching activities. The living room (faculty and staff canteen, kitchen, water room, power distribution room, etc.) is located in the cultural and sports building on the north side of the site. The wind and rain playground is set at 8.4M high in the inner floor of the cultural and sports building on the north side of the runway. It can accommodate basketball and volleyball sports.